Folsom and El Dorado Hills Local Event Calendar
- April 24, 2014
- An Evening with Pablo Cruise/Exclusive Engagement/WeinbergerStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: April 24, 2014 - 10:55 pmLocation: Reunion Nightclub 4370 Town Center Blvd. #100, El Dorado HillsDescription: PABLO CRUISE TO PERFORM IN
El Dorado Hills, California – The legendary band, Pablo Cruise, will perform in an exclusive engagement on April 24 at 7:00 pm at Reunion Nightclub in El Dorado Hills.
The popular late 70's band is best known for their many hits like, "Love Will Find a Way," "What'cha Gonna Do?" "I Go to Rio," and "A Place in the Sun." Also appearing as special guest will be local favorite band, The Westwards.
This event is sponsored by the Committee to Elect Joe Weinberger for Superior Court Judge 2014. For more information and tickets: http://www.weinberger4judge.com/events.Jack FM Livestream
- A Couple of BlaguardsStarts: 7:30 pmEnds: April 24, 2014 - 9:30 pmLocation: Harris Center for the Arts, 10 College Parkway, Folsom, CA 95630Description: Frank McCourt is arguably the literary phenomenon of the ‘90s, with Angela’s Ashes selling well into the millions and his second book, ‘Tis, also a major bestseller. Joined by his brother Malachy, A Couple of Blaguards is an autobiographical account of their years growing up in poverty in Ireland. The tales spun by the brothers McCourt simmer with bittersweet recollections, ferocious humor and a parade of colorful characters.
- April 25, 2014
- Lakeview Golf TournamentStarts: 12:00 pmEnds: April 25, 2014 - 9:00 pmLocation: Empire Ranch Golf CourseDescription: Lakeview Elementary - Annual Spring Golf Tournament
- Spring Fair 2014 - GHS 20th Birthday CelebrationStarts: 3:00 pmEnds: April 25, 2014 - 6:00 pmLocation: 1060 Suncast LaneDescription: Games, food, fun, music, all-community birthday party celebration, etc.
- Friends of the Library, El Dorado Hills Branch Library Book SaleStarts: 4:00 pmEnds: April 25, 2014 - 7:00 pmLocation: 7455 Silva Valley ParkwayDescription: Join us and take advantage of some great deals on gently used books sponsored by the Friends of the Library, El Dorado Hills Branch Library. Our books are now sold by the pound and there are books in every category. The early bird sale starts Friday, April 25, from 4 pm to 7 pm for members only. If you are not yet a member, you are welcome to stop by and join for an annual cost of only $10. Get a chance to pick your favorite books that night. The sale continues Saturday, April 26, from 8 am to 4 pm and is open to the public. Proceeds from the book sale provide new books and support programs at the El Dorado Hills Library located at 7455 Silva Valley Parkway. For more information about events at the library, go to http://www.eldoradolibrary.org and select “Upcoming Events” or call 916-933
- April 26, 2014
- Historic Folsom Farmers MarketStarts: 8:00 amEnds: April 26, 2014 - 1:00 pmLocation: 905 Leidsdorf Folsom, Ca. 95630Description: All NEW Saturday Farmers Market around the Historic Railroad Turntable and Public Plaza in Historic Folsom every Saturday, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., year-round!
- 5th Annual Help Mito Kids 5KStarts: 8:00 amEnds: April 26, 2014 - 10:00 amLocation: 4364 Town Center Blvd El Dorado Hills, Ca.Description: 5th Annual Mito Kids 5K Fun Run
- Friends of the Library, El Dorado Hills Branch Library Book SaleStarts: 8:00 amEnds: April 26, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: 7455 Silva Valley ParkwayDescription: Join us for our used book sale Saturday, April 26, sponsored by the Friends of the Library, El Dorado Hills Branch Library at 7455 Silva Valley Parkway. Our books are sold by the pound and we have a great selection of books in every category. The book sale is from 8 am until 4 pm and open to the public. Proceeds from the sale provide new books for the library and support programs and activities also. For information and other events at the library, go to http://www.eldoradolibrary.org and select “Upcoming Events” or call 916-933-9626
- ReNew CA Communities: Volunteer ProjectStarts: 9:00 amEnds: April 26, 2014 - 1:00 pmLocation: Promontory Park, 2700 Alexandra Way, EDHDescription: Members of the general public are encouraged to participate in a day designed to give back to the community by repairing and/ or enhancing local parks.
- Shred DayStarts: 10:00 amEnds: April 26, 2014 - 2:00 pmLocation: 20/20 Financial Advisers 1837 Iron Point Rd. Suite#100 Folsom Ca 95630Description: 20/20 Financial Advisers presents our First Annual Community FREE shredding day. Join us for Coffee & Donuts while you watch you're papers being shredded. This Event sponsors the Stanford Youth Solutions.
Stanford Youth Solutions empowers young people and their families to solve serious challenges that impact their lives. More than two-thirds of youth in the agency's care reconnect to safe, permanent family - which means that they leave the child welfare system and grow up with a lifetime of love and support. Through Stanford Youth Solutions' innovative, proven, national models of care, youth in the community learn life skills and overcome past trauma. Rather than being a negative force in their home or communities, they become productive. Rather than repeating the cycle of violence or neglect that they have experienced, they become stable, functioning adults.
- Folsom Beauty ExpoStarts: 10:00 amEnds: April 26, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: 50 Natoma St. Folsom, CA 95630Description: Beauty Expo
To support and spotlight local Beauty vendors located in Folsom, CA.
- National Drug Take-Back DayStarts: 10:00 amEnds: April 26, 2014 - 2:00 pmLocation: El Dorado County Sheriff's Substation, 4354 Towncentter Blvd #112 EDHDescription: Each day, approximately, 2500 teens use prescription drugs to get high for the first time according to the Partnership for a Drug Free America. Studies show that a majority of abused prescription drugs are obtained from family and friends, including the home medicine cabinet.
- Gardens of FolsomStarts: 11:00 amEnds: April 26, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: Folsom CADescription: A self guided tour will showcase six gardens April 26 and April 27. The Club is celebrating its 80th anniversary this year. The Club is a nonprofit organization with a mission of providing programs of an educational nature that benefit the public. The 2014 Garden Tour is the major fundraising event for the club. It is held to raise funds to fulfill this mission by awarding scholarships and grants. Funds raised since 2001, have made it possible
- Folsom City Host Lions Club 1st Annual Folsom Golf TournamentStarts: 12:00 pmEnds: April 26, 2014 - 7:30 pmLocation: Empire Ranch Golf Course, 1620 E Natoma St, Folsom, CA 95630Description: 4–Person Team
18 Holes Scramble Format
Saturday, April 26, 2014
Empire Ranch Golf Club
Tournament Fee: $125 (Non-Refundable)
Includes Dinner, Range Balls, Cart, Raffle Ticket
Dinner Only: $25
Closest-to-the-Pin, Longest Drive Contest
Hit a Hole-In-One on Par 3 Contest and Win a New GMC Car from
Tee Time: 1:00 PM
Dinner: 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM
Location: 1620 E Natoma St, Folsom, CA 95630
Paul Wyant, (916) 673 – 7737
Barbara Till, (916) 370 – 1916
FAX: (916) 357 – 5090
MAIL:P.O. BOX 385, Folsom, CA 95763
All Proceeds Raised at the Golf Tournament Will Be Used to Support Folsom City Host Lions Club Community Projects in Folsom
- Pinewood Derby Races at Kniesel's Collision CentersStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: April 26, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: 4031 Wild Chapparal Drive, Shingle Springs, CADescription: Pinewood Derby Race for all Cub Scout packs within the El Dorado District. All entrants receive a commemorative pin and trophies awarded to the top racers! Come support our local scouts with their hand-crafted pinewood derby cars!
- 4th Annual El Dorado District Pinewood DerbyStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: April 26, 2014 - 3:30 pmLocation: 4031 Wild Chaparral DriveDescription: The El Dorado District Pinewood Derby is a Boy Scouts of America event where Cub Scout Packs from the entire El Dorado District, including Folsom and El Dorado Hills, compete in a model car race. This is the 4th year of this event. The model cars must be built according to Derby regulations and the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners of best design are invited to race and show their cars at the District level.
- Young Life Capernaum Crab FeedStarts: 6:00 pmEnds: April 26, 2014 - 9:00 pmLocation: Lakehills Church - 7000 Rossmore Lane, El Dorado HillsDescription: 4th Annual Crab Feed and Silent Auction!
Come enjoy a delicious CRAB fest! PLUS! Soup, Salad, Bread, Dessert and Refreshments!
Over 50+ Auction Baskets! Silent Auction and a LIVE Dessert Auction!
Learn more about Greater Sacramento Capernaum, plans for 2014, what's happening today, ways to get involved and or support Capernaum, and met some of our Capernaum friends!
- Blue & Gold AuctionStarts: 6:00 pmEnds: April 26, 2014 - 10:00 pmLocation: EDH CSD 1021 Harvard Way, El Dorado HillsDescription: 14th Annual Oak Ridge High School Sports Boosters Blue & Gold Auction. Benefits all 23 sports teams at the high school.
- ElementsStarts: 6:30 pmEnds: April 26, 2014 - 8:30 pmLocation: Jill Solberg Auditorium, Folsom High School, FolsomDescription: Elements will showcase the 5 Elements of Nature - This is the 2nd Annual Fundraiser for St. Jude Hospital being hosted by Mudradances and Sneh Entertaintment Ltd. Guest dancers from Hawkins School of Performing Arts will be also performing in the event. This event was very well attended last Year in 2013 - More than 500 people attended the event and more than $7000 was raised for the cause.
All ticket proceeds go to St. Jude. (So whether tickets are bought Online, Cash or check are given to St. Jude)
Barbara Leary of Folsom Arts and Cultural Commission is the Chief Guest for the event .
- April 27, 2014
- FundraiserStarts: 12:00 pmEnds: April 27, 2014 - 2:00 pmLocation: Painted. 410 palladio Pkwy, ste 1621 FolsomDescription: Fundraiser for Sisters Animal Sanctuary
- May 1, 2014
- May is Bike MonthStarts: 6:00 amEnds: May 1, 2014 - 10:55 pmLocation: Sacramento RegionDescription: The May is Bike Month campaign promotes bicycling as a mode of transportation to improve air quality, reduce congestion, and increase good health and exercise. Residents are encouraged to ride, not just for exercise, but also to work or school or the store. Register online to log your commute, errand, recreation, work trip, and miscellaneous bicycle miles throughout the month for a chance to win prizes. Log miles: set goals for yourself and log all your trips by bike, whether you’re biking a mile to the store, 10 miles to work, or 250 miles during the Climate Ride. Win stuff: by logging your miles each week you’ll automatically be entered to win prizes like shirts, socks, and gift cards. Events: check out our calendar of events throughout the region. You’ll have plenty to choose from: kickoff festivities, bike fests, bike bingo, energizer stations, Amgen Tour festivities, centuries and other rides, bike rodeos, social events with valet bike parking, and much more!
- Town Hall Meeting on Underage DrinkingStarts: 3:00 pmEnds: May 1, 2014 - 5:30 pmLocation: EDH CSD Pavillion, 1021 Harvard Way, El Dorado HillsDescription: Important community event for ALL!!
Youth, parents, educators come and find out what you can do to help prevent underage drinking from taking place in your home. There will be presenters from CHP, Fire, Sheriff, ABC, and Health Professionals.
Sponsored by EDH Vision Coalition
- May 2, 2014
- Folsom Public Library presents First Friday Series - Cuba: Past and Present ImagesStarts: 10:00 amEnds: May 2, 2014 - 11:00 amLocation: Folsom Public Library Meeting Room 411 Stafford St Folsom CA 95630Description: CUBA: PAST AND PRESENT IMAGES
Enjoy armchair travel?
Join us for a presentation by Barbara Leary, who will share photographs from her 2013 trip to Cuba with National Geographic.
This is a free event.
- Race to Keep Hearts Beating Benefit Dinner & Texas Hold'em TouramentStarts: 6:00 pmEnds: May 2, 2014 - 7:00 pmLocation: Folsom Community Center 52 Natoma Street Folsom, CA. 95630Description: The 4th Annual Race to Keep Hearts Beating Scholarship Benefit Dinner & Texas Holdem Poker Tournament honoring Race Salazar. This years event will have a Wild Wild west theme and feature a delicious BBQ dinner and dessert with all the fixins. Raffles, and Bingo, along side a professionally run Texas Hold'em Tournament that always wraps up with a very exciting "Main Event" with prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places including custom made poker tables and more! This is a fun, educational and exciting event you will not want to miss. Come out for a GREAT cause, GREAT food, GREAT friends, GREAT prizes and a GREAT TIME!
- May 3, 2014
- 2014 Gardens of the Hills TourStarts: 6:00 amEnds: May 3, 2014 - 5:00 pmLocation: 879 Embarcadero Drive, El Dorado HillsDescription: The Assistance League of Sierra Foothills presents their 5th annual Gardens of the Hills Tour. The Tour will be held Saturday, May 3rd and Sunday, May 4th.
The Tour will provide entrance into 8 distinctive oases, each giving you a glimpse into the passion and loving energy the homeowners have put into creating their personal sanctuary.
The breathtaking Mitchell garden will again be on this year’s tour. The expansive gardens have blossomed into a haven filled with daffodils, lavender, citrus, rosemary and a bountiful variety of roses. This 25-acre estate complete with magnificent gardens, hillside views and Italian Villa is a must-see. This year it is an honor to showcase three incredible gardens in the Milton Estates. From low-maintenance, multi-use gardens to a tropical two-acre paradise featuring over 400 palm trees! Four more exquisite gardens in El Dorado Hills will be featured. The diversity of this year’s gardens is a palette of color, texture and creativity.
In addition to touring marvelous gardens, guests have the opportunity to taste some of the finest wines in our county, sample delicious summer appetizers and learn gardening tips from the expert UCCE Master Gardeners of El Dorado County, the Gold Country Bonsai Club and the Lotus Bonsai Nursery.
The talent and creativity of many local artists will be on display and available for purchase. Guests may also enter the Assistance League signature raffle featuring a huge wheel barrel chalk full of garden accoutrements.
And to top it all off, Assistance League is partnering with Green Acres who will host a display of water-wise plants at their Folsom location.
Tickets are $25 for adults and $10 for children 12 and under. To purchase tickets: http://www.sierrafoothills.assistanceleague.org