Folsom and El Dorado Hills Local Event Calendar
- March 13, 2014
- BarebonesStarts: 7:30 pmEnds: March 13, 2014 - 9:30 pmLocation: Benvenuti Performing Arts Center 4600 Blackrock Drive, Sac, CA 95835Description: "When pretenses and facades are stripped away, we are all the same- we have the same "barebones". Accepting both ourselves and others is one of life's challenges. Recognizing people's faults and limitations, realizing they are not always the people we hoped they would be is both disappointing and liberating. As we discover what matters most, and work to build honest relationships, we may also discover others' bare bones." Join CORE COntemporary Dance for a unique one-act performance: no props, no set- just a bold look at our humanity. Includes a brief post-performance reception and question-and-answer session with Artistic Director Kelli Leighton and CORE Dancers.
- March 14, 2014
- Pajama Party at Face in a BookStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: March 14, 2014 - 8:00 pmLocation: Face in a Book, 4359 Town Center Blvd., Suite 113, El Dorado HillsDescription: Put on your pj's and your thinking caps for an event celebrating Bedtime Math!
- March 15, 2014
- Historic Folsom Farmers MarketStarts: 8:00 amEnds: March 15, 2014 - 1:00 pmLocation: 905 Leidsdorf Folsom, Ca. 95630Description: All NEW Saturday Farmers Market around the Historic Railroad Turntable and Public Plaza in Historic Folsom every Saturday, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., year-round!
- Fairy Houses & Gnome HutsStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: March 15, 2014 - 3:00 pmLocation: El Dorado Hills Library, 7455 Silva Valley ParkwayDescription: Paint a little wooden house then decorate it with leaves, moss, flowers, and rocks. The perfect home for the enchanted creatures in your garden!
For ages 5 and older.
- Healthy Folsom : Mind Body Earth - Watching the River RunStarts: 2:00 pmEnds: March 15, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: Folsom Public Library 411 Stafford St Folsom CA 95630Description: "The Sacramento : A Transcendent River" author and outdoorsman Bob Madgic presents his striking multimedia program on the history, ecology, and importance of the Sacramento River, tracing its course from headwaters to estuary, and its human history from before Euro-Americans.
- Meet the 2014 Trojan Baseball Team BBQ DinnerStarts: 6:00 pmEnds: March 15, 2014 - 9:30 pmLocation: El Dorado Hills CSD 1021 Harvard Way El Dorado Hills, CA 95762Description: This fun and exciting event will celebrate the great winning tradition of ORHS Baseball by introducing this year’s Student Athletes to our El Dorado Hills community. The event’s featured speaker will be Matt Vaughn, head coach for the UC Davis Aggies Baseball Team. Vaughn enters his 21st season with the program and has been an integral part of UC Davis’ success in that time. In his UC Davis tenure, Vaughn has coached 36 players who have gone on to sign professional contracts, including 15 pitchers. Coach Vaughn will provide an enlightening picture of what it takes to become a Division I student athlete.
This annual Meet the Team Dinner is our baseball clubs most profitable fundraiser. The funds raised will go towards on-going renovations to our baseball field. Our aim through this project is to convert our current baseball complex into a first rate facility in which all EDH community members can take pride in.
- March 17, 2014
- St. Patrick's Day with the Mighty Odd GentsStarts: 4:00 pmEnds: March 17, 2014 - 7:00 pmLocation: Pine Cove Tavern, 509 29th Street, Sacramento, CA 95816Description: Get your Irish on the St. Patrick's Day with the Mighty Odd Gents at the Pine Cove Tavern in Sacramento. Mighty Odd Gents will entertain great irish music and anecdotes. Come join the craic!!!
- March 20, 2014
- Third Thursday at Face in a BookStarts: 6:30 pmEnds: March 20, 2014 - 8:00 pmLocation: Face in a Book, 4359 Town Center Blvd., Suite 113, El Dorado HillsDescription: Join us on Third Thursdays for wine and book-talk (featured guest this month is Roxanne Langer, author of Wine MBA).
- March 21, 2014
- Tri-County Job FairStarts: 9:00 amEnds: March 21, 2014 - 1:00 pmLocation: Folsom Community Center, 52 Natoma St, FolsomDescription: Free Resume review
Job Search Workshops
Over 50 employers
- Rescue Union School District Cultural FestivalStarts: 5:00 pmEnds: March 21, 2014 - 7:00 pmLocation: Pleasant Grove Middle SchoolDescription: Cultural Faire for community & all schools in RUSD(Jackson, Marina Village MS, Pleasant Grove MS, etc) 21 country booths, live entertainment, Aloha dancers, Tance, Los Autenticos de Sacramento(Mex band featured in Good Day Sacramento), food, educational
- March 22, 2014
- Historic Folsom Farmers MarketStarts: 8:00 amEnds: March 22, 2014 - 1:00 pmLocation: 905 Leidsdorf Folsom, Ca. 95630
- Friends of the Folsom Library Book SaleStarts: 9:00 amEnds: March 22, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: Folsom Public Library 411 Stafford St. Folsom, CADescription: MARK YOUR CALENDARS- SPRING 2014 BOOK SALE
What: Shop for incredible bargains in 1000s of gently used books, audio books, videos, CDs and much more in both children and adult materials. All proceeds directly benefit the Friends of the Folsom Library, a 100% non-profit organization.
Where: Folsom Public Library’s Georgia Murray Building Meeting Room at 411 Stafford Street.
When: March 21-23, 2014 (Friday-Sunday)
Early Bird Sale: Friday, March 21, held 5-8:00 p.m., admission $5.00 per person (including children 12 and older).
General Sale: Saturday and Sunday, March 22-23, from
9a.m. to 4:00 p.m., admission FREE. Fill a bag for only $5.00 on “Bargain Sunday”.
Need More Information? Visit us at http://www.foflib.org or call (916) 608-8743 or 355-7374
- Party With a PurposeStarts: 5:00 pmEnds: March 22, 2014 - 10:00 pmLocation: Serrano Country Club, Lakeview Room, 5005 Serrano PKWY, El Dorado Hills, CADescription: Pacific Trauma Specialists' 2nd Annual "Party With a Purpose" benefiting disadvantaged, emotionally traumatized individuals in our community.
- Cameron Park Community Concert Series presents: Dean-O-HolicsStarts: 6:00 pmEnds: March 22, 2014 - 9:00 pmLocation: Cameron Park Community Event Center, 2502 Country Club Drive, Cameron Park, CA 95682Description: The Dean-O-Holics are bringing back the cool to the Cameron Park Community Event Center in beautiful Cameron Park, CA. Relive the good ol’ days of music with Dean, Frank, Peter, and special guest Marilyn as they bring the bright lights and sounds of a Vegas stage show to you!
Tickets are $18 each/(2) for $34 in Advance and $20 at the Door
Tickets can be purchased at: Walgreens, Bel-Air, Shingle Springs/Cameron Park Chamber of Commerce, Cameron Park CSD Office, Station 89, or online at http://www.showclix.com.
Snacks, Beer, Wine, and Soda will be available for purchase.
- March 23, 2014
- 2014 International Culinary FestivalStarts: 3:00 pmEnds: March 23, 2014 - 6:00 pmLocation: Folsom Community Center, 52 Natoma Street, Folsom, CA 95630Description: The Rotary Club of Historic Folsom announces the third annual International Culinary Festival on Sunday, March 23, 2014. The event will be held at the Folsom Community Center, 52 Natoma Street, from 3 to 6 pm. The festival will feature over a dozen local restaurants serving delicious samples of a variety of ethnic foods to take your taste buds on a world tour. The event will also feature entertainment, a silent auction, wine and beer tasting and international costume fun.
Tickets are $25.00 per person and available at http://www.historicfolsomrotary.org or by calling 916.837.6582. Each ticket becomes a taste bud tempting passport to world class cuisine from Folsom’s finest restaurants including Land Ocean, Visconti’s Ristorante, La Rosa Blanc, India House, Folsom Thai Cuisine and Jimmy T’s Catering to name a few.
The International Culinary Festival is very pleased and excited to announce KFBK radio host and former Sacramento County Sheriff John McGinness as Master of Ceremonies for the afternoon. The event will also include international entertainment, silent auction, international style costumes and will feature a demonstration by World Champion Ice Carver, David Faber. New this year, and to round out the event, “There will be a wine and beer garden” said rotary club president Kevin Gleave.
The International Culinary Festival is a fundraiser for the Rotary Club of Historic Folsom. Proceeds from the event benefit several local charitable programs including Play For All Park Folsom, dictionaries to all Folsom third graders, Twin Lakes Food Bank, Powerhouse Ministries as well as other community projects. Last year the International Culinary Festival raised over $20,000.00 to support these important community programs.
Rotary is an international organization comprised of business and professional leaders who are dedicated to service above self. It was started in 1905 by Paul Harris and in over 100 years has grown into over 33,000 club and 1.3 million members in over 160 countries. The men and women of Rotary volunteer their time, talent and monetary resources to make their communities better. It is this dedication and volunteerism that propelled Rotary to the world’s foremost international service organization.
A very special Thank You to the 2014 International Culinary Festival
Teichert ▪ Kaiser Permanente ▪ Dignity Health
Elliott Homes ▪ Folsom Lake Bank
River City Communications
Style Magazine ▪ Lake Natoma Printing
- March 25, 2014
- Booksigning with Allison Brennan & Brenda NovakStarts: 6:30 pmEnds: March 25, 2014 - 8:00 pmLocation: Face in a Book, 4359 Town Center Blvd., Suite 113, El Dorado HillsDescription: Best-selling authors Allison Brennan & Brenda Novak come to Face in a Book!
- March 28, 2014
- Bidding with a Bang! An Evening of 1920's GlitzStarts: 6:00 pmEnds: March 28, 2014 - 10:00 pmLocation: Folsom Community Center, Natoma StreetDescription: A Gatsby Gala featuring bingo, silent auction, and live auction. Cocktail & 1920's Inspired Glamour Attire encouraged.
- March 29, 2014
- Historic Folsom Farmers MarketStarts: 8:00 amEnds: March 29, 2014 - 1:00 pmLocation: 905 Leidsdorf Folsom, Ca. 95630
- Gold Country Gran Fondo Featuring Honored Guest George HincapieStarts: 8:00 amEnds: March 29, 2014 - 6:00 pmLocation: Town Center Bike & Tri 4420 Town Center Blvd. #150 El Dorado Hillls, Ca 95762Description: A road cycling event comprised of 500 participants. The course route will start from Town Center Bike and Tri shop and travel through the El Dorado County country side. Featuring Honored Guest George Hincapie.
- Sugarloaf StampedeStarts: 8:30 amEnds: March 29, 2014 - 12:00 pmLocation: El Dorado Trailhead @ Jacquier Road in Placerville, CADescription: The Sugarloaf Stampede is being held on March 29, 2014 in the beautiful foothills of El Dorado County, along the once historic Southern Pacific Railway line. The 10 Mile, 10K runs and 5K (run/walk) will be chip timed by J&J Sports. All races take place rain or shine. Proceeds will benefit the Sugarloaf Station Foundation so it can continue to offers scholarships to Sugarloaf Fine Arts Camp campers. Music, raffle prizes and awards ceremony following the race.
- Italian Pasta Sauce cooking classStarts: 10:00 amEnds: March 29, 2014 - 12:00 pmLocation: Joe Murer House, 1125 Joe Murer Ct, FolsomDescription: Pasta can be exciting if you vary sauces! Learn to make many of the unique sauces found in Italian homes. Your family will begin asking for pasta!
- The Folsom SymphonyStarts: 7:30 pmEnds: March 29, 2014 - 10:00 pmLocation: Harris Center, 10 College Parkway, Folsom, CADescription: Join the Folsom Symphony: In Celebration of Spring
This will be Maestro Michael Nuemann last concert prior to his retirement
Russian Eastern Overture Rimsky-Korsakov
Toy Symphony Mozart
Bassoon Concerto in B flat major Mozart
Tariq Masri - Bassoon
Symphony No. 7 Beethoven
- March 30, 2014
- 10th Annual Community Baby ShowerStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: March 30, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: 52 Natoma St. Folsom, CA 95630Description: This is the 10th annual community baby shower benefiting the Sacramento Children's Home/Crisis Nurseries. We provide a light lunch, drinks, and desserts and ask attendees to just bring a gift for the children who have need of the nursery services.
- Author SigningStarts: 2:00 pmEnds: March 30, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: Face in a Book Bookstore, 4359 Town Center Blvd, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762Description: Rocklin resident and award-winning children's author Jen Barton will share her latest picture book, IF CHOCOLATE WERE PURPLE.
Full of delightful rhymes and bright illustrations it's just right for Easter baskets. Say hi & have your book signed!
- FundraiserStarts: 4:00 pmEnds: March 30, 2014 - 6:00 pmLocation: 410 Palladio Parkway, ste 1621, Folsom, caDescription: Friends of the NICU. http://www.friendsofnicu.org