Folsom and El Dorado Hills Local Event Calendar
- November 4, 2013
- Clothing DriveStarts: 6:00 amEnds: December 14, 2013 - 5:00 pmLocation: 7455 Silva Valley PkwyDescription: El Dorado Hills Library is hosting a Clothing Drive to raise money for their Y.E.L.L.(Youth Executive League at the Library) who plans and hosts fun events for the community. Y.E.L.L is teaming up with California Clothing Recyclers to raise funds in an environmentally friendly way. All items will be sent to developing countries to be re-used or re-cycled.
Please clean out your closets and donate the following items to our fundraiser: Gently used clothing, shoes, linens, towels, hats, belts, and purses.
From November 4th To December 14th, bring items in neatly tied plastic bags to El Dorado Hills Library during open hours.
- December 5, 2013
- Historic Folsom Ice Skating RinkStarts: 10:00 amEnds: December 5, 2013 - 10:00 pmLocation: Historic Sutter Street, FolsomDescription: Bring your friends and family to this winter wonderland to celebrate the holiday season! Our ice skating rink is open daily from 10am to 10pm until January 20th!
- FEMME: Women Healing the World ScreeningStarts: 7:30 pmEnds: December 5, 2013 - 9:30 pmLocation: Crest Theatre, 1013 K Street, Sacramento, CA 95814Description: Exclusive Northern California theatrical screening of FEMME: Women Healing the World, an award-winning globally conscious documentary directed by Emmanuel Itier that features Sharon Stone (Executive Producer), Marianne Williamson, Jean Shinoda Bolen, Riane Eisler, Maria Bello, Jean Houston, Barbara Marx Hubbard, Gloria Steinem, Nobel Peace Prize Laureates Shirin Ebadi, Mairead Maguire, Jody Williams, Celeste Yarnall and many other notable women from around the world. Music is by Yoko Ono and Rickie Lee Jones. FEMME is distributed by Vision Films, a worldwide distributor of independent feature films, documentaries and music programming.
This exclusive FEMME screening is on Thursday, December 5, 2013, and begins at 7:30 pm at the historic Crest Theatre in Sacramento. The screening will include a Q&A session with Emmanuel Itier (Director), Celeste Yarnall (Producer, Actress), Nazim (Producer, Artist) and Margie Yee Webb (Producer, Writer). Press and audience feedback will be welcomed. FEMME artwork by Nazim will be on display.
Tickets for the screening, $12 general, are available in advance through Tugg.com at http://www.tugg.com/events/6292. Tickets will be available for purchase at the door and will be cash only. Doors open at 6:30 pm for the 7:30 pm show.
“At the screening, community organizations in the Sacramento area making a difference and healing the world will be highlighted, including Soroptimist International of Sacramento and WEAVE, Inc.,” says Margie Yee Webb, producer of FEMME: Women Healing the World. “I encourage everyone to make a difference and support these local organizations.”
“There is nothing like experiencing our film on the big screen and sharing an inspiring evening together,” says Emmanuel Itier, Director of FEMME: Women Healing the World. “Everyone is invited to watch this uniting and inspiring movie. This is the perfect gift of HOPE for this coming Holiday season. Sharon Stone and I thank you for your support and love.” Femme: Women Healing the World on DVD hits U.S. retailers March 1, 2014. A special curriculum version DVD of the film will be made available for educators to allow for sharing with students.
- December 6, 2013
- Holiday Art & Craft FairStarts: 10:00 amEnds: December 6, 2013 - 7:00 pmLocation: EDHCSD, 1021 Harvard WayDescription: Our Holiday Art and Craft Fair offers a great experience for families and friends. You will find a tremendous selection of arts and crafts including quilts, woodworking, dolls, artwork, jewelry, knitted items and a beautiful selection of holiday decorations. Our exhibitors’ delicious gourmet candies, nuts and other tasty treats make great gifts and are perfect for holiday parties and family gatherings. If you’re looking for unique gifts, make the Holiday Art and Craft Fair your holiday shopping headquarters.
- Historic Folsom Ice Skating RinkStarts: 10:00 amEnds: December 6, 2013 - 10:00 pmLocation: Historic Sutter Street, Folsom
- Senior Center LuncheonStarts: 10:30 amEnds: December 6, 2013 - 1:30 pmLocation: 1021 Harvard Way, El Dorado HillsDescription: Come join us for the Annual Christmas Senior Luncheon and banana split extravaganza! The Oak Ridge High School's jazz band, choir, and dance troupe will be there to perform, and Santa will make an appearance, too!
- Make Time For You CHRISTMAS PARTYStarts: 4:00 pmEnds: December 6, 2013 - 8:00 pmLocation: 5005 Windplay Dr. Ste. 2, EDHDescription: Simple Serenity Spa Christmas Shopping Party = Wine Tasting, Chocolates, generous discounts, BUY 4 – GET 1 FREE of ANY SERVICE or Skin Care, RAFFLE, and enter $5,000 MAKE OVER GIVEAWAY!
- Cookies with SantaStarts: 5:00 pmEnds: December 6, 2013 - 6:30 pmLocation: EDHCSD, 1021 Harvard WayDescription: Come visit SANTA CLAUS! He will be making a special appearance as Santa’s helpers will be serving cookies and hot chocolate.
- Holiday Light in the HillsStarts: 6:30 pmEnds: December 6, 2013 - 7:30 pmLocation: EDHCSD, 1021 Harvard WayDescription: Join us in celebration as we illuminate our Holiday Tree for our Community to enjoy this Holiday season.
Refreshments will follow “Tree Lighting”.
- "A Charlie Brown Christmas"Starts: 7:00 pmEnds: December 6, 2013 - 7:45 pmLocation: 800 Reading St.Description: “Repelled by the commercialism he sees around him, Charlie Brown tries to find the true meaning of Christmas.” Back by popular demand (3rd Annual Production), join us for a classic, beloved story of Charlie Brown and the gang (with a few little changes we are sure audiences will enjoy). Fun and entertaining for the whole family!
Make your reservations EARLY!!!
- December 7, 2013
- Breakfast with SantaStarts: 8:00 amEnds: December 7, 2013 - 11:00 amLocation: EDHCSD, 1021 Harvard WayDescription: Start the yuletide season off with a festive morning of holiday cheer. Event includes: breakfast, visit with Santa and holiday craft.
Space is limited, please be sure to pre-register!
- Historic Folsom Farmers MarketStarts: 8:00 amEnds: December 7, 2013 - 1:00 pmLocation: 905 Leidsdorf Folsom, Ca. 95630Description: All NEW Saturday Farmers Market around the Historic Railroad Turntable and Public Plaza in Historic Folsom every Saturday, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., year-round!
- "Snowflakes and Pancakes" Pancake BreakfastStarts: 8:00 amEnds: December 7, 2013 - 10:30 amLocation: Russell Ranch Elementary SchoolDescription: Pancakes, sausage, fruit, coffee, and juice for $5. Also, we will be starting our toy drive. For every toy that is brought that morning, they will get a picture with Frosty the Snowman
- HomesStarts: 10:00 amEnds: December 7, 2013 - 5:00 pmLocation: El Dorado Hills, CADescription: Assistance League® of Sierra Foothills announces their fourth annual Homes for the Holidays tour in El Dorado Hills. What a great opportunity to get an idea for your own holiday decorating.
They are thrilled to have the magnificent Mitchell Home on their tour. Rarely viewed, this home was on Assistance League of Sierra Foothills 2011 Gardens of the Hills tour; you might have pressed your nose against the window hoping to get a glimpse inside of this incredible Italian Estate.
Other highlights include the creative talents of 11 local interior and floral designers, who have filled one of the featured homes with a veritable forest of designer-decorated trees.
In addition to the five featured homes, you will be treated to a Candy Bar right out of Santa’s workshop: a renowned chef preparing holiday hors d’oeuvres while Windwalker Vineyard samples wines to pair with this culinary creation; and Mrs. Santa baking cookies in one of the homes ‘ Chef Delight kitchens’.
The true spirit of the season can be seen and felt at all of these lovely homes which exude the warmth and wonder of the holidays. What better way to start your holiday season.
December 7th, 2013 10-5
December 8th, 2013 10-5
Tickets can be purchased at:
Pottery World - Rocklin and EDH
California Welcome Center - EDH
Caffè Santoro - Cameron Park
Winterhill Olive Oil - Placerville
Dorothea’s Christmas - Folsom
For more information or to purchase tickets
online, visit: sierrafoothills.assistanceleague.org
Sponsored by Marshall Medical Center, Pottery World in Rocklin and El Dorado Hills, El Dorado Savings Bank and Judy Hawkins a member of Assistance League and a Keller Williams Realtor, these local businesses are giving back to the communities that they serve.
- Holiday Art & Craft FairStarts: 10:00 amEnds: December 7, 2013 - 7:00 pmLocation: EDHCSD, 1021 Harvard Way
- Historic Folsom Ice Skating RinkStarts: 10:00 amEnds: December 7, 2013 - 10:00 pmLocation: Historic Sutter Street, Folsom
- Teddy Bear TeaStarts: 10:30 amEnds: December 7, 2013 - 12:30 pmLocation: Del Paso Country Club 3333 Marconi Ave. Sacramento, CA 95821Description: Grace Mahan is a kindergartner at Madrone Montessori School in El Dorado Hills, CA. Will be honored by the Friends of the Sacramento Crisis Nursery.
Adults enjoy a traditional high tea and each child
receives a teddy bear!
Music & Dancing
Visit from Teddy & friends
All proceeds from this event will benefit the Sacramento Crisis Nurseries is a program of the Sacramento Children’s Home
- Christmas in the CellarStarts: 12:00 pmEnds: December 7, 2013 - 4:00 pmLocation: Madroña Vineyards, 2560 High Hill Rd., Camino Ca 95709Description: Kick off the holiday season with us in our cellar. Find unique gifts from local artists and food vendors, globally conscious goods and great wine specials. Wine, soup, music and a big Christmas tree make for a fun afternoon. This event is free and open to the public.
- All About Equine Christmas Party and Open BarnStarts: 12:00 pmEnds: December 7, 2013 - 3:00 pmLocation: 1900 Rocky Springs Road, El Dorado HillsDescription: Christmas party with the horses. Come meet our adoptable equines. Lunch will be served: Appetizers, Hot chili n fixins, desserts, and special horse-shaped cookies for the kids. The Mini-horses and alpacas ready to smile for the cameras.
- "A Charlie Brown Christmas"Starts: 12:00 pmEnds: December 7, 2013 - 12:45 pmLocation: 800 Reading St.Description: “Repelled by the commercialism he sees around him, Charlie Brown tries to find the true meaning of Christmas.” Back by popular demand (3rd Annual Production), join us for a classic, beloved story of Charlie Brown and the gang (with a few little changes we are sure audiences will enjoy). Fun and entertaining for the whole family!
Make your reservations EARLY!!!
- Santa Carriage Rides at PalladioStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: December 7, 2013 - 4:00 pmLocation: 340 Palladio ParkwayDescription: Free Carriage Rides with Santa
- "A Charlie Brown Christmas"Starts: 2:00 pmEnds: December 7, 2013 - 2:45 pmLocation: 800 Reading St.
Make your reservations EARLY!!!
- "A Charlie Brown Christmas"Starts: 4:00 pmEnds: December 7, 2013 - 4:45 pmLocation: 800 Reading St. Folsom, CA 95630
Make your reservations EARLY!!!
- The Painted Cork's PAINT AND SIP Holiday Extravaganza!Starts: 4:00 pmEnds: December 7, 2013 - 7:00 pmLocation: 801 SUTTER ST, Historic Folsom CADescription: The Painted Cork is having their 3rd Annual
Saturday December 7th!
~2 holiday painting classes at discounted prices
~Complimentary Holiday munchies
~Annual Historic Folsom Christmas Fair
Paint Your Own Ornament 11-1pm
Enjoy holiday food and Complimentary Mimosas while you Paint Your Own Holiday Ornament.
Choose any colors and any designs for your painting!
Holiday Holly 4-7pm
Enjoy holiday food and wine tasting while you enjoy the Holiday Holly painting class.
Choose your own colors for the background of this painting!
Sign up for both classes and get a $10 Gift Certificate!
December 7th is also the Christmas Fair in Historic Folsom where vendors will be selling their wares throughout the town from 8am-4pm. So do a little Holiday shopping and then come to The Painted Cork for wine, food, painting and fun!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND CHEERS TO YOU ALL!
- Folsom SymphonyStarts: 7:30 pmEnds: December 7, 2013 - 10:00 pmLocation: Harris Center for the Arts, 10 College Parkway, Folsom, CA 95630Description: The Folsom Symphony will present their second concert of the year.
The Folsom Symphony Presents: Music of Many Lands
-Overture from La Forza del Destino Verdi
-The Hebrides Mendelssohn
-In the Steppes of Central Asia Borodin
-Marche Hongroise from The Damnation of Faust Berlioz
-Overture from Die Fledermaus Strauss, Jr.
-Romanian Rhapsody Enescu
-Songs of the Highlands performed by the City of Sacramento Pipe Band
-Singalong carols and other holiday favorites
Concerts will take place Saturday, Dec. 7 at 7:30 pm and Sunday Dec. 8 at 3 pm. Both concerts will be at Three Stages/Harris Center, 10 College Parkway
In Folsom. Tickets prices are $20 to $55
Phone number: 916-608-6888